about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Timeline of Photography

As you may have noticed, I’ve added a timeline page to ATG, which is turning out to be an exciting project.

I’ve wanted to add historical information for some time now, but writing an account of how photography came to be as we know it today proved a daunting task. I decided instead to put it in the form of a timeline, which works quite well on an endless scrolling web page. The only difference is, it goes from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Today, I decided to add blank lines to represent the years between events. It seems to provide a more accurate graphic portrayal of the passage of time.

It’s a good start, but by no means even near complete. I’ll be adding new facts as I come across them, so it will get more and more dense as time progresses. Perhaps at the end of it all, I’ll use it to write that historical account.

Until then…


No comments: