about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Decisions, Decisions…

This year, we’ll be vacationing in Maine, and the need to pack light brings with it some tough choices regarding the camera equipment I’ll be taking along.

One side of me wants to bring the D90 with the Voigtländer Color-Skopar 20mm in a Lowepro TLZ Mini. The other wants to fill my Tamrac backpack with as much gear as I can fit. Hmm, what to do.

I can’t help but think that this would be a great opportunity to shoot some 35mm film with the N80, and see how my primes look on film. At the very least I know I won’t be taking any grips, external flashes or wacky paraphernalia. Perhaps I’ll make my job easier by avoiding zooms altogether.

Then there’s the urge to bring along the P5100 and SD780, both of which I can easily fit in a side pocket, and take along for mere “sightseeing”, leaving the D90 and N80 for more serious work. This then is my morning project.



No comments: