about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making More Time for Timelines

I seem to have this thing for creating timelines. I enjoy putting things in historical and chronological context.

I just couldn’t leave well enough alone with the timeline page, so I decided to compile a separate timeline post for camera model releases. Naturally, I’m starting with Nikon, which is complete enough at this stage to publish. The Canon timeline is in the works.

The Nikon was easier to complete, because their line is considerably simpler, which is one of the things that draws me to Nikon. Simplicity is often a good thing. Canon has been much more prolific in the release of camera models, which probably explains why their ergonomics are not up to Nikon’s standards. I may create timelines for other camera brands as well, and it’s quite possible I might combine them all into a single tabular format.

Timelines are best created horizontally, but web pages lend themselves better to vertical scrolling, so I’ll not fight the natural order of things and simply go with it, in descending order.

Take a look…


No comments: