about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nikon Fat Pack Batteries

Pulled out my trusty Nikon CoolPix P5100 this morning, and found it had a dead battery. And when I went to charge it, it wouldn’t pop out. The reason? It had expanded. 

This actually happened to my wife’s battery long before mine. I ordered her a new one, but before I do the same for mine, I’m going to give it a full charge and workout to see if it’s OK. Then, I’ll put a clamp on it to see if I can compress it back to its original dimensions. 

For now, I have a little scotch-tape tab on it to pull it out, instead of rapping the case on my palm. If it works, but won't contract, I’ll devise a more permanent tab. 


No comments: