about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

When the CR123 batteries in my N80 died prematurely, I started seriously considering rechargeable Li-ion batteries. Unfortunately, I wasn’t finding the right combo of charger and voltage (they really have to be 3V; not 3.6, not 4.2.) Then, I came across these in, of all places, Home Depot.

I’ve been reading mixed reviews regarding the capacity and reliability of these Li-ion batteries, so until I find a set of genuine 3V batteries with a charger that plugs directly into the wall, this seems like a good solution. Fortunately, since their adoption by LED flashlights, they should be around for quite a while. The fact that they were used predominantly in 135 film cameras doesn’t bode well for their longevity by itself. 

 

No comments: