about the banner…

Water lilies at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden Orchid Show, April 5, 2014. Taken with the Nikon D610 + AF-S Zoom NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR. 1/600 s @ f/5.6 -0.67, ISO 800.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day One: Arrival at Boothbay Harbor

After a once-again lengthy car ride, we arrive at Boothbay Harbor. After unpacking and freshening up, we enjoy twin Lobsters at Brown’s Wharf, within waking distance of our house.

As I unpack my gear, I realize I had enough room for two more compact prime lenses, though I think I can make do with six. (Seven if you count the Loreo Lens-in-a-cap.) I can’t imagine why it’s taken me until now to put this bag back into service. The amount of gear it can hold and organize is nothing short of amazing.

The plan this year is to start out each day with a particular lens, traveling light and not worrying too much about whether or not the subject matter is appropriate for a specific optic. I’ll be reporting on my experiences as they unfold, and adding example images once I return. Unfortunately, the iPad camera connection kit does not work with my iPhone 4S, but I will be able to publish images captured on the iPhone.

No comments: